Here are my Top 10 Diet & Lifestyle tips for healthy, beautiful, glowing skin:
1. Elminate processed food (to be fair, that's in my in top 10 tips for anything).
2. Eat foods rich in Vitamin A - promotes cell turnover. Rough, dry skin is a sign of Vitamin A deficiency. Try egg yolks, liver, grass-fed dairy, and organ meats.
3. Eat foods rich in zinc - promotes skn immunity and protects against UV radiation and inflammation. Foods rich in zinc include shellfish, scallops, pumpkin seeds and red meat.
4. Eat foods rich in Vitamin C - crucial for healthy collagen. Try bell peppers, dark leafy greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, citrus and strawberries.
5. Get enough Omega-3s - they're anti-inflammatory. Fatty fish are your best source: salmon, tuna, sardines, trout.
6. Eat fermented foods - good gut health is connected to healthy skin.
7. Include bone broth in your diet - amino acids support healing and skin elasticity.
8. Sleep 7-9 hours a night.
9. Exercise appropriately - there's such a thing as too much exercise, in addition to too little. Over-exercising can cause hormonal imbalances.
10. Reduce stress - try meditation, yoga, nature, journaling, and connection.
Cathy McCann is a functional nutritionist, coach, writer, speaker and meditation teacher, who is passionate about health and guiding people through the journey of healing.