Here are my Top 10 Diet & Lifestyle tips for healthy, beautiful, glowing skin:
1. Elminate processed food (to be fair, that's in my in top 10 tips for anything).
2. Eat foods rich in Vitamin A - promotes cell turnover. Rough, dry skin is a sign of Vitamin A deficiency. Try egg yolks, liver, grass-fed dairy, and organ meats.
3. Eat foods rich in zinc - promotes skn immunity and protects against UV radiation and inflammation. Foods rich in zinc include shellfish, scallops, pumpkin seeds and red meat.
4. Eat foods rich in Vitamin C - crucial for healthy collagen. Try bell peppers, dark leafy greens, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, citrus and strawberries.
5. Get enough Omega-3s - they're anti-inflammatory. Fatty fish are your best source: salmon, tuna, sardines, trout.
6. Eat fermented foods - good gut health is connected to healthy skin.
7. Include bone broth in your diet - amino acids support healing and skin elasticity.
8. Sleep 7-9 hours a night.
9. Exercise appropriately - there's such a thing as too much exercise, in addition to too little. Over-exercising can cause hormonal imbalances.
10. Reduce stress - try meditation, yoga, nature, journaling, and connection.
2/20/2019 08:04:05 am
Contrary to what other people think, achieving a glowing and fair skin is possible even if you don't spend too much going to skin clinics. Natural ways are there to help you get the glowing skin, you just have to follow rules or else, everything might not work! Our skin is very delicate, everything that we eat affects its appearance so we should make sure to eat vegetables that will help us have a glowing skin! Having an enough number of hours of sleep is also an important factor. But if your budget permits you, you are always free to go skin clinic at least once a month!
Leave a Reply.
Cathy McCann is a functional nutritionist, coach, writer, speaker and meditation teacher, who is passionate about health and guiding people through the journey of healing.